- All dogs six months old or over are required to be licensed by April 1.
- A valid current rabies certificate must be provided to receive a license. If applicable, proof of spaying or neutering must also be provided in writing from a veterinarian.
License Fees for 2019
- Neutered or Spayed Dog - $10
- Unneutered or Unspayed Dog - $20
- Fee will be waived for dog owners aged 70 and over; owner must provide proof of age.
- Please note that previously licensed dogs whose license is not renewed prior to May 31st will be subject to a late fee, in addition to the license fee. The late fee is $20 per dog beginning June 1.
Purchase By Mail
To purchase a license by mail, send the appropriate license fee and valid current rabies certificate to:
City Clerk's Office
210 Main St.
Northampton, MA 01060-3148
If this license is not a renewal, in addition to the above, please send in the owner's name, address, and telephone number; the dog's name, age, breed, color(s), gender. Please also enclose proof of spaying or neutering.
Change in Ownership
If you no longer own your dog, or have any questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 413-587-1224. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.